Christmas challenge: $1000 Amex gift card; what artwork to buy?
First let's make sure that they take American Express. Nowadays, most galleries do...
1) A nice mid-50' Abstract Expressionist lithograph, signed, dated, limited!
2) A fantastic beaded glass and steel table top sculpture from an emerging African American artist.
3) Original pencil drawing done by an avant-garde Russian constructivist.
4) Mid-70's pop art collage, 18" x 18"
5) Contemporary sculptural Southern pottery
(All of the above from my own collecting experience, by the way!)
Let's keep the list going, and hear your thoughts, as anything on this list is gonna be better and more valuable than trudging through the electronics department at "Best Buy"...